Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My NEFF oven appears to have no power. I cannot turn it on.

Customer Question

My NEFF oven appears to have no power. I cannot turn it on. I have looked for a power switch, but cannot find one. The gas hobs on top of the oven still work. Only the oven itself does not work. I cannot find the make, but it does say "NEFF" on the front. Please can you help me turn on my oven?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

is this a new oven to you? Has it worked previously?

If you look along the door edge or door recess, do you see a plate with a model or Enr on it?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, good to hear from you.

This is not a new oven, but it has worked before many times.

The E-nr number is B1451N2GB/01

There is another serial code: FD8302.

Please call me if easier. UK number +447958275239.

Thanks for helping me.

Regards,

Mike

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael

ok, so does the clock panel light or flash at all?

You are right, there should be an on off switch, like a heavy duty light switch, somewhere, but im guessing that if someone had turned it off, they would know wher it was?

Are you able to pull the unit out? Do you have some basic tools and a multimeter?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob,

Switch: noone knowingly turned off the switch. I emptied out all the cupboards around the oven but could not find a switch.

Pulling it out: have just tried. The oven is built into the wall and all the wiring is hidden behind boarding. I just unscrewed a vent in the skirting board underneath the oven and can see no switches. I can see electrical wires, but they all lead to places I cannot access.

Multimeter: not sure what it is.

Tools: have some extremely basic tools!

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael

Im guessing that the clock is not flashing or lit?

In that case, seeing as nothing has been turned off, the most likely cause is going to be eithere abad connection to the cooker, or a bad main board.

Without a meter you wont be able to do much, sorry.

What you can try is, turning off the power to the oven, at the fuse box

Pull out the unit, and follow the cable into the cooker. There will be a removable cover.
Make sure that all the wiring is intact and tight.

If this does not solve the issue, I think you may have to get a hands on diagnosis as you dont have a meter.
If you want I can get you an all in quote for the repair, I just need the postcode.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The clock is not flashing or lit. There is no light showing on the oven display. Please can you get me a quote? The quote would need to take into account that the wiring is behind boarding in the kitchen. My post code is W2 3JR. My number is *********** img src="http://www.justanswer.co.uk/js/clientBundler/lib/tinymce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif" border="0" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing"/>

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Michael

OK
The all in price is £141
This includes call out, labour, all parts and the VAT

If youd like to book this, please call Repaircare on 0843 770 3488
They will make an appointment for you

If you need more help, please just ask, but please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you this Sunday

Rob