Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just replaced the locking mechanism on our Hotpoint

I have just replaced the locking mechanism on our Hotpoint FDF784. It now appears to be stuck on the baby cycle. It won't let you select any other cycle and I cannot turn it off. Any suggestions welcome - thanks. Wayne
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
RobWelcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hi Wayne

sorry, not sure what you mean by baby cycle?

Can you tell me what happens when you start any new cycle? Does it pump out?
Is there water in there now?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

The baby cycle is a wash program (it is the last one on the program menu). The dishwasher seems to be stuck on this cycle. It will not select another programme or let me turn the dishwasher off.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne
You mean the rinse and hold cycle?

Is there water in the machine now?
Is there a pump constantly running?
Does the noise stop if you open the door?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

We select a wash programme by pressing a P button. The programmes range from Super Wash - Normal -Daily A60 and the last programme is Baby Cycle.

There is no water in the machine because we haven't yet started the programme. We are trying to go back to the Superwash programme which is normally done by pressing the P button but the programme light is staying on the baby cycle programme.

I have tried to turn the power off but the machine just beeps and does nothing else.

It does let us open the door.

Wayne

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne
OK, Thanks

If you closed the door while its still on this cycle, does anything happen, any noise?

rOB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

If we close the door nothing happens.

Wayne

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK,

this wasnt what I thought it was !

TURN OFF THE POWER
In that case, I would suggest taking the door panel off again and making sure that you havent accidentaly knocked off a connector to the main board.

Take them off one at a time and refit them. See if anything waS loose and retry

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Ok will do.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne
Let me know what you find. Fingers crossed

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Checked and double checked still the same?

Have I baffled you?

Wayne

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne

You have !!

Im afraid there s nothing I cxan think of that would cause this other than a bad board, but if it was working before you changed the locking mechansism.....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

OK, thanks. I guess I'm going to have to call somebody out.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Wayne

Sorry ................

All the best

Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.