Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

We have a reconditioned gas Aga fitted with a Mark 1 burner

We have a reconditioned gas Aga fitted with a Mark 1 burner unit supplied to a previous owner of our property by Aga/Twyford. Every time the wind speed reaches 15mph or above it goes out . The Aga has a balanced flue. An Aga approved engineer called last year and resealed various sections of the stove. This did not work and the stove went out about 25 times during 6 months it was switched on. The engineer now days the only option is to fit a new Mark 3 burner unit at a cost of £600 plus fitting plus VAT. Are there any other options that might be cheaper? many thanks David Cummings (SE Wales)
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes please continue search for another 2 days . thanks

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi , if its not possible to reroute the flue to a different wall , then I think that is going to be your only option I'm afraid .you would have a more efficient burner which will probably pay for itself after4 to 5 years .
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced