Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Panasonic MC-E4011 vacuum cleaner. The beater doesnt

I have a Panasonic MC-E4011 vacuum cleaner. The beater doesn't go round when it touches the carpet; if I tip the machine up, it spins round beautifully.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me how long you have had the machine, and is this the original belt?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob,

I'm afraid I can't remember when I bought it but it is the original belt.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Susan

No worries

There are two belts in this machine. They are made of a rubber type marterial.
Over time they will stretch. If items are momentarilly picked up, stopping the brush, the rubber may burn, causing even more stretching.

Whats happening here is that when there is no resistance (the carpet), the brush will turn. However when its on the carpet and the brush is turning against the carpet, the belt is stretching and stopping the brush from turning.

You should change both belts as per the manual.
You can get the belts here, just click the word in blue.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob