Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I have a Hoover HOD 5G10 dishwasher that is showing an error

Hi I have a Hoover HOD 5G10 dishwasher that is showing an error code E7 - any clues as to what this error code refers to as the manual just says seek after sales service.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, what does the machine actually do?
Will it fill and empty?
When does the error code show up?

Lastly, how old is this?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The machine is about 4 years old.

It begins the cycle (doesn't matter which program) and then stops after about 3 minutes. I will go and start another cycle now to confirm this.

I have cleaned all the filters, checked salt and rinse aid levels, made sure inlet and outlet pipes have no kinks in them.

Cheers

Stuart

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stuart

Sorry to say this is not good news

Its listed as

E7

Main circulation pump fault detected

The dishwasher control module has detected a failure with the tachometric dynamo on the main motor or recirculation pump as Candy call it. To us, it's the motor tacho that has an error.

• Check wiring to motor
  • Check motor tacho is in place and undamaged
  • Check wiring to control module

So, in basic terms

You should check the wiring from and to, the main control and the motor.

However, from experience this is normally due to a bad circulation motor.

The only cure, in this case, is a replacement circulation pump

Sorry its not good news

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob,

Ok, thanks for that. Strangely enough, the test cycle I just put it through went the complete cycle (P4 approx. 59 minutes). The dishwasher was empty.

Maybe this is an intermittent fault - the original issue described above started about a month ago and we have been washing dishes by hand since then - so this was the first use since then.

Is it possible the wiring got damp and caused a short-circuit which has now dried?

I will check the wiring for loose connections too.

You have answered my initial question as to what the fault code means and possible remedies and I will rate you on that.

Stuart

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Stuart

Its possible, as you say, that dampness has entered the wiring or the pump, and now by not using it, it has dried out.

I would leave it as it is and use it. If it fails again, check the wiring and for leaks

All the best

Rob