Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch dishwasher sms40A02GB/03 fd9112 2yrs 7mts old. A drain

Bosch dishwasher sms40A02GB/03 fd9112 2yrs 7mts old. A drain blockage caused water to enter the dishwasher by the outlet pipe. This caused the dishwasher to show "water error or fault" a local engineer reset the machine and it worked on a long/intensive cycle - it heated and worked fine. When I tried a quick cycle it did not heat so the wash was no good and it gave an error e09 - heater error - but I know that the heater is ok. it is going to cost £200 or more to repair by Bosch but my local engineer charges much less but doesn't know which bit to repair or change - can you help please - Graham Cox
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you know the heater is fine then this just leaves either the wiring to the heater or the control board itself. As the control board has a heater relay which can fail on these Bosch appliances just like any other brands to be honest.

So may be worth just checking the wiring block to the heater and then remove the outer door panel and check the wiring harness for any trap or broken wires.

But if that's fine and its filling up ok with water then it all points to the control board. You can check that first for any dry joints or burn marks which you can resolder and saves the cost of a new part. But if it looks ok then its probberly the board itself that's the fault here.