Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

DCS14W Zanussi dishwasher. Completed its cycle and pumped dry

Customer Question

DCS14W Zanussi dishwasher. Completed its cycle and pumped dry but pump continues to run. It will only stop when the appliance is switched off at the socket. Further, whilst pump still running, cannot get the dishwasher to perform any other function.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

CAN YOU TRY THIS
OPEN THE DOOR AND POUR A BOWL OF WATER IN, THEN SWITCH IT ON.
IS THE WATER PUMPED AWAY STRAIGHT AWAY?

Also, is this built in or can you pull it out from under the counter?

THANKS
ROB

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, many thanks for your first suggestion. Water placed in dishwasher and pumped dry. The pump stopped, which didn't happen previously. Switched the programme dial to its shortest cycle and started. So far so good. I am awaiting to see if it will complete the cycle. I will inform you accordingly.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

I suspect something else, so please let me know what happens.

In the meantime, Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.

This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob, Once again many thanks for you advice. The machine has gone through a complete cycle without a hitch. Having spoken with my wife, I suspect she has turned the machine off recently whilst it was in the middle of a cycle and that has caused this blip. Your advice of 'priming the pump' seems to have done the trick. Fingers are now crossed and I hope your suspicion that there may be some other cause is wide of the mark.

GeoffG

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Geoff

Thanks for letting me know

Ill keep this question open for a few days, just in case .

If it does it again, just post back on this page and Ill get your message

Rob