Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

K4664X0GB/2 seems to have a magnetic door lock which in mine

Customer Question

K4664X0GB/2 seems to have a magnetic door lock which in mine is getting so weak that the seal pushes it open. Various parts suppliers say the seal is not magnetic (and is no longer available). How can I cure this problem?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

That's correct the seal isn't magnetic although there is a magnet strip in there that doesn't keep the door closed.

If the door is popping open then its usually down to the door hinges as these are what keeps the door closed.

So from the sounds of this you have a fault with the door hinges so to cure this you need to replace them.

Click here for the hinges

If you need anymore info just get back to me.