Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

AGA Electric 3 Oven cooker.There is power to the 13A fused

Customer Question

AGA Electric 3 Oven cooker. There is power to the 13A fused spur supplying this, but the oven is dead. Even the fan is not working. Is there an internal fuse?  How should I identify the problem?

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . your aga will need more than 13 amps . the electrical connection must be via a seperate cable from the fusebox . depending on the model it could need 30.

Plumberpro :

First you need the right power to he aga.

JACUSTOMER-s520abkm- :

No, it's a 13 amp AGA. It has been installed about five or six years and worked fine until this summer.

Plumberpro :

Oh .ok .my apologies.then I will opt out and let others answer your question.please be patient someone will pick up the question , but it could take an hour or so

JACUSTOMER-s520abkm- :

OK, Thanks. I think this needs someone with knowledge of this particular type of AGA. Thanks for taking a look.

Plumberpro :

Hi . as no one has answered you yet , I had a look at the manual and there are internal fuses. The cover that protects the PCB ( where the thermostat knob is) contains them . with power off remove cover, take out the fuses and check for burn out. This is done properly with a multimeter set on ohms ( if you need exact info on doing this ,let me know) replace fuses. If they go again then the problem will have to be checked by a sparky/aga guy