Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have an air

I have an air Conditioner CS-E24MKE. I cannot operate the Remote Control Unit. I have renewed batteries. There is a display in which the time is 12:00, blinking. I press CLOCK, then adjust to show current time, then SET. Current time blinks. I press MODE. Time reverts to 12:00. Also display shows AUTOHEAT; OFF; FANSPEED & AIRSWING are all AUTO. Help, please.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you for your's. Yes, I'm OK to wait.

PP.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.

Hi . press clock button, adjust time , then press set to confirm.you say you have done this , so maybe there is a fault with the remote. You can also operate the unit manually with all the controls nescessary below and under the flap .if you don't have the manual I can run through them if you like .

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Plumberpro,

I have been able to work the auto off/on button under the flap, as per

"8" on page 9 of my instruction booklet. I cannot get the remote to control the unit, so it looks as if remote is faulty. Could you suggest the next step/s, please.

Thank-you, PP.

Hi . you can get a new remote here www.orionair.co.uk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Plumberpro,

Thank-you for the link to orionair. Entering "Remote Control Units" produced a nil response. Entering a fuller description likewise.

'Phoning the 0845 number quoted produced "Sorry!..."

I shall try other searches or local tradesmen.

Thanks again, PP.