Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko condenser tumble dryer DCU 8230 which has started

I have a Beko condenser tumble dryer DCU 8230 which has started to make a popping noise this has happened a few times when in use can you advise what this may be
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

How many times roughly during a dry cycle will it do this?

Also do you get a burning smell from it?

Is it still heating up as well?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There is no burning smell, again this evening and popped twice during drying the clothes the tumble dryer outer casing is hot

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is remove the top and the right hand side panel. There you will see the capacitor at the bottom near the motor.

Have a look at this as Beko have had a problem with the capacitors on these. You model wasn't affected by the recall but they still use the capacitors so worth checking as if these fail they can cause a popping noise.

If that's ok then remove the back panel and there you will see the heater, Just inspect this for any signs of blow marks. As the heater has 2 heat settings full and half. One of them could fail.

But if that's all ok as well then its possibley the control board. I have seen these boards do this on these dryers.

So check them and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if it is the capacitors is this easy to replace and how much approximately will this cost

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Yes the capacitors are easy to replace. They are just bolted next to the motor and they are about £10
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many Thanks