KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an old neff built in microwave(6160/65/66) which is

I have an old neff built in microwave(6160/65/66) which is not working and I can't switch it off from plug because I am unable to remove it from it's setting.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Please tell me its complete model number and/or how old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Also please elaborate not working ... is it completely dead or it works and then stops so that I can tell you what is causing this ?

Customer: I have no record of the model number, it is least 20 years old. I have managed to remove microwave now from its setting in the unit.
KevinWhiteJA :

ok

Customer: the microwave wouldn't start when entering any wattage setting or time. pressed start button nothing happened. also the light came on when door was opened and would not go out when door closed. consequently no way to switch light off, on all night.
KevinWhiteJA :

OK, do you hear any unusual sounds from the microwave when its trying to start ?

Customer: no nothing at all
KevinWhiteJA :

ok, the problem seems to be with the power board that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

a new one will cost you around £180 including labor, looking at the age of the unit its better to buy a new one...you can also get a repair quote from www.repaircare.co.uk

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks