Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi - my dishwasher rinse aid light keeps coming on, even after

Hi - my dishwasher rinse aid light keeps coming on, even after just 1-2 washes after refilling. It does go off after refilling with rinse aid though so it does detect liquid there. I'm thinking either there is a leak or it's blocked up or something. Any ideas?
Cheers,
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.
Hi Matt

Can you tell me the model number?
Also, do you have some basic tools?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Electrolux esl63010, type 911d53-0l
Yes basic tools here
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt

Great, thanks

Turn off the power
Remove the screws around the door.
The front panel will come away, leaving the inner door panel in place.
You will then see the rinse aid container.
If its leaking, the rinse aid will have run into the gap between the inner and outer door, and will be quite a mess!!

If the container is cracked or damaged, please let me know and Ill try to locate the spare part for you

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No leak there. All clean in between doors
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt

OK, so is the container full or empty?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Full. I filled it an hour ago. There is a smaller compartment above which is half full. Presume this is the actual dispenser and bottom one is storage
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt

OK

I suspect that it is constantly leaking into the wash and rinse cycles. If it was just doing it at a single time in the cycle, it would overfoam and you would have a different set of problems

There are two sections in the dispenser, as you say, and it seems that the seal is leaking.

we know that it must be entering the wash chamber as its not leaking inbetween the doors

This will mean you will have to replace the dispenser

Do you want me to locate the part?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt
Please go here, just click the word in blue.
This is the dispenser. At the bottom of the page is a short video that may help.

I know it says AEG, but Electrolux owns them, and some of the parts come up as AEG. If you look, your machine is listed as compatible.

Just make a note of the wiring BEFORE you take it out. A photo is a great idea !!

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks rob. I'll give it a try. If I get stuck will it cost another 27 for help?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Matt

Its a straightforward job, youve done the tricky bit taking off the door panel !!

Once you rate, the question will still be here.

Bookmark this page. If you have any problem, just post back on this page and Ill get your message, exactly as you have done today. I will then be able to respond

Rob