Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hallo. I have a Neff double oven, the front right "bushing"

Customer Question

Hallo. I have a Neff double oven, the front right "bushing" broke when I removed the side rack mounting for cleaning. I have the spare parts but assume I need to slide the oven partly out to access or replace the clip ("feather") behind the oven wall. I can't find any screws to allow me to do this. The model number is ***** I have the ENR & FD nos. if required.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

If you open both doors and look down the edge of the oven that sits over the edge of the kitchen cupboard there should be a couple of screws holding it in place.
These need to be removed so the oven can slideforward.

If you just see holes, the installer may not have fitted them, in which case it will justpull forward

Let me know what you find

Rob

PS DONT pull it by the doors !!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I found two screws, needing an Allen key, and undid them enabling me to slide the double oven partly out. However, I still don't have access to the back of the side wall which would allow me to hold the clip in place while I insert the bushing from inside the oven. Is it possible to do this job without taking the oven out completely and taking off the side cover plate?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Terry

Im afraid not

As with most manufacturers, Neff didnt consider the poor guy who has to fix this !!

You should get a table or something of a simmilar height to the bottom of the oven.

You will need two people, these are not overly heavy, but extremely unwieldly.
Turn off the power to the oven.
Remove both doors, as per th manual, as these weigh a lot
Pull it out and onto the tablke
You can then remove the side panel and refit the bush

Sorry there wasnt an easier way, but I didnt make it !! I just repair them !!

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** shan't be attempting that myself but at least I know I need an engineer to fix it. Meanwhile I've put the new part in the hole and it is secure enough when all the racks are in place to allow the oven to be used.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi Terry

OK

Thanks for letting me know

Please dont forget to rate me as this is the only way I get credit for helping you today

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, problem solved and rating submitted, thanks.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Terry