Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Had a new drum fitted 1 month ago and the machine has got

Customer Question

Had a new drum fitted 1 month ago and the machine has got progressively noisier when spinning ever since.The drum sometimes knocks when starting to spin and again when coming to a stop.It is now getting louder during the spin cycle.I can't feel any play in the bearings.Could it be a suspension or balance problem.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you had a new drum fitted recently you may find this is a loose concrete weight.

What you need to do is remove the top and you will one of them there. Check the bolts are tight on there.

If that's ok then you need to check the front weight. To do this open the door and remove the outer door seal clamp and unlip the door seal.

Lean washer backwards against a wall so the drum drops backwards. Then you can check the front weight. Depending on the model the front bolts may be torx bolt (star shapped).

Make sure the bolts are tight and that should cure the fault. But from what you say im pretty sure you will find this is going to be loose weights.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.