Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Miele 8452 SD fridge freezer. The red LED in the alarm

Customer Question

I have a Miele 8452 SD fridge freezer. The red LED in the alarm of button is on constaintly. While it is on the fridge does not defrost. Very occasionally the red LED goes out and the fridge defrosts.Any clues what is causing this problem
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

Red light constantly on indicates that the problem is with the temperature sensor of the unit, this part is located behind the cover ...if you will get this done through a engineer it will cost around £170

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-sku3ojax- :

the appliance is about 7 or 8 years old. The temperature sensor has been changed 3 times. You think it has gone again? Would this affect the defrost problem? We have had no problem with food freezing in the fridge. Yet?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes because the red light constantly indicates this problem

KevinWhiteJA :

you can leave it unplugged with door open for around 15-24 hrs

KevinWhiteJA :

this might solve the problem...if it does not then you will have to get that part replaced

JACUSTOMER-sku3ojax- :

Hi Kevin I have replaced the temperature sensor as you suggested and the problem continues as before. After I changed the sensor the red light on the alarm cancel button came on and stayed on for 24 hours. It then went out for about the same period but is now back on. Having waisted £19 on consulting you and a further £65 on the replacement temperature sensor I am not jvery happy at the moment. What do you suggest now?

KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, did you replace just the sensor or the complete temperature sensor kit ? Also do you hear the fan running ?

JACUSTOMER-sku3ojax- :

Yes I replaced just the sensor and used the enclosed connector to join onto the existing wiring.

KevinWhiteJA :

The beeping alarm indicates the problem with sensor nothing else...as the problem is still there and the sensor has been replaced three times I believe it is more likely the PCB that is bad and will cost around £200...as far as the part is concerned you can always return it back

JACUSTOMER-sku3ojax- :

There is no beeping its just the red LED in in the alarm button. The temperature sensor has gone in the past but it was obvious that was the problem as everything in the fridge was been frozen solid. I can not return the sensor as I have cut the the very long wire that comes with the sensor to a suitable length to fit our fridge freezer.

JACUSTOMER-sku3ojax- :

I consulted an expert to save money now you are only speculating that it might be the PCB board or to use your words likely to be the problem.

KevinWhiteJA :

OK as you think that I am only speculating things...I will opt out of this and will open it to all so that someone else might be able to help you.