Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

FL1085 dosent tumble or spin all programs are working drive

FL1085 dosent tumble or spin all programs are working drive belt intact
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me if the machine agitates in a wash cycle at all?

Can you also tell me the product number which is on the label in the door recess and lastly, the age?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure of the age product no ********* 00 It sounds like its trying to agitate but the drum is not moving the drum turns freely by hand I thort there should be resistence

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Martin

Sorry the product number got crossed out. Can you repost it but put the letter A directly in front, so it will look like

A123456

Are you able to pull the machine out and do you have some tools or are you looking for someone to repair this for you?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A914780508 have pulled machine out taken of top and checked drive belt is still attached have tools just need to know if it is a diy job can it be cost efficient to repair and what you think is wrong

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Martin
Thats great, thanks

I would suspect the motor first.

With power disconnected
Remove the wiring harness to the motor
Remove retaining bolts and get motor on table
Remove the carbon brushes
These have a tendancy to wear on these motors and will give excatly these symptoms
If they are chipped, worn or damaged you should replace them and refit motor and test

If you need a link to the carbons or more help, please just ask.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob