Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. Weve moved to a house with Zanussi ZDT41 integrated dishwasher.

Hi. We've moved to a house with Zanussi ZDT41 integrated dishwasher. I guess it's a little bit shy of 4 years old. The problem with it that it doesn't heat water properly. But not all the time, ones in a while like one of ten washes it works perfectly. We do clean filter every time, we use tablets, we add salt just in case tablets are not enough (we live in a hard water area). I read the instruction, it says that with tablets we should put the water hardness setting to the minimum, but I already tried different settings in a hope to find the source of the problem. What else can we do? When we just moved in it worked fine the first three washes so I can't help but think that it's not broken but we do something wrong. Please tell what you think. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
It's not something you are doing wrong as it's programmed to heat up during the cycle no matter the water hardness setting rinse aid setting or anything like that.
But if the metal mesh filter is all gunned up it can stop the heat. Remove the mesh filter and turn it over and see if the underside is full of gunge. If so I've it a good clean.
But if that's all Ok and you have done this already then it's faulty.
AAs it does heat up the odd time then the heater is fine. It's more than likely the control board. As on there is a heater relay. Which can stick and cause it not to heat the water. To access the control board you need to remove the front plastic control panel and you can access it from there.
So check them out and see what you find but it's not something you are doing wrong as there's nothing you can wrong anyway.
If you need any more info just get back to me.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** unscrewed the front and we can see some plastic white box which I guess is the control panel? There are several wires going inside it. They all seem to be properly connected but we pressed them in place just in case. Should we go further inside, try to open this white box and reach the electronic board/card inside? How this heater relay should look like? Thank you for your help. Elena

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok disconnect the wires on there and then you can open the plastic casing. From there remove the board and have a look on the printed side and see if theres any burn marks or dry joints on there you can resolder.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. We disconnected the wires and opened the box. Everything looked ok to us, nothing's damaged, no interruptions with lines on the board, no disconnected resistors if I'm using the right word for all those small things on the board. So we put everything back together and have stated a washing cycle . It's still cold so I guess we should call somebody to change the control panel for us. Thank you very much for your help. Regards. Elena

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If the resistors look fine which is the right word then its probberly a faulty relay. As if they fail you cannot really see if as its encased so its a case or replacing the board itself.

So if you are getting someone in then im sure they will sort it for you.