KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

This is about a liebherr CUP3021WH fridge/freezer.

This is about a Liebherr CUP3021WH fridge/freezer. The alarm is sounding intermittently, and there seems to be no way of suppressing it. The behaviour is apparently random, there is no discernible reason why it starts or stops.

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

and is this the first time that you are facing any kind of problem with this unit ?

Customer:

Hello Kevin,

Customer:

The unit is 4 years old, this is the first instance of the problem.

Customer:

Hello, I ended the conversation accidentally, I still need an answer!

KevinWhiteJA :

Thanks...do you see frost on the evaporator ? do you also hear any different noise a part from the alarm sound ?

Customer:

No frost ... and only the usual noises, nothing that is linked to the alarm.

Customer:

Hello, am I going to get an actual answer here, or have I been ripped off for £33?! I am certainly not going to rate your service till I get a proper answer, so please stop sending me emails asking for a rating.

KevinWhiteJA :

I am trying to help you out here, just wanted to know few things before we come to a conclusion

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem is with the defrost sensor of the unit...if you want you can try to leave the unit unplugged for around 15-24 hrs...if the problem returns after this the sensor will need replacement..if you are willing to replace it yourself it is located inside the back of the unit in the freezer section

KevinWhiteJA :

Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

OK, thanks for that. I did suspect a sensor problem. I will check it out and see if unplugging works. If that fails I will try to replace it myself. I won't rate the solution until I have tried the unplugging.

KevinWhiteJA :

No problem...If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks