Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, I have a Candy CDI 1012/1-80 dishwasher that faults when

Hi, I have a Candy CDI 1012/1-80 dishwasher that faults when it comes to do a hot wash cycle after the initial cold wash. Programe light flashes twice in succession and the beeper sounds.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Has it stopped full of water?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, only a minimum amount in the area under the filter in the bottom

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok error code 2 is usually a draining error code. As its draining the water out then you need to locate the pressure switch and pull the thin hose off it and blow hard through it just in case theres a blockage or air lock in the pressure chamber.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, located 2 thin hoses, one red one clear, coming from the basin/tank were the filter etc sits going to two individual switch's. Removed both and blew thru, both appear to be clear. I also removed drain hoses and drain pump both all clear.

Ran machine and it ran initial wash cycle and then faulted. Programme light blinked continually whilst the beeper beeped twice, paused then beeped twice, paused and so on.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok you may have a blockage in the sump bowl causing this fault as it may not be allowing the pressure switch to release the air.

Were the pressure switch hose goes to on the sump you need to pull the hose off and poke something into there. Not sure on this model but see if the pressure chamber which the hose goes to comes off. Not all models do but if it does remove the pressure chamber and give that a good clean out and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, followed your last instructions, still no joy

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its still not working then its possibley either a faulty pressure switch or control board im afraid.
As if the sump is all clear and its still flashing the same error code and its draining ok then its possibley one of them at fault here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, many thanks for your help