KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a 42" LCD TV and when I turn it on sometimes the picture

Customer Question

I have a 42" LCD TV and when I turn it on sometimes the picture blinks a bit like a flurescent tube and then goes black. The sound stays on. It is most noticeable and very prevelent when the picture is mainly green. This happens a lot whilst watching football for example. When the picture starts flashing, if I change channel from the football to any other channel it stays on. When I go back to the football it starts flickerring and goes off.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
Customer:

Hi, welcome to Just answer

Customer:

Please tell me its complete make and model number

Customer:

also please let me know if the sound is working fine

JACUSTOMER-qx50ljhv- :

JACUSTOMER-qx50ljhv- :

It's an LG. Product code:- 42LY95-ZA.AECRLJG. Serial number 708WRFS00443 The sound works fine. It never goes off.

Customer:

Thanks for the information...after reading your original post the problem seems to be with the inverter board that is bad and will need replacement ... the part will cost around £45 + labor

Customer:

If you are willing to do it yourself then you will have to leave it unplugged for a while and let me know so that I can provide you with further instructions

Customer:

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

JACUSTOMER-qx50ljhv- :

Thanks for the answer. I'll have a look round for a replacement board and then get the job done. Does it just plug in?

Customer:

Yes but fyi there is high voltage present on that board

JACUSTOMER-qx50ljhv- :

OK thanks. If I leave the TV unplugged for a day or so will that get rid of it or do I have to discharge it somrhow/

Customer:

Yes that will get rid of it

JACUSTOMER-qx50ljhv- :

Thank you. I'll rate you as excellent.

Customer:

You're welcome....You can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges...Have a Good Evening

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kevin, I've just got round to looking in the back of the TV. There are 2 boards KLS-420BDR-A rev1.3 and KLS-420BDR-B rev1.3 that show as inverter boards. They both appear to be plugged into the screen at the sides of the TV. Do I need to change both these boards, or is there another "control board" that has broken?

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello, sorry for late response....can you test the boards ? Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know how to test them. There aren't many "A" boards on the internet for some reason, and there is more stuff on them too, which makes the ones I've seen a bit more money. That's not to say that I couldn't buy both boards if I can find both A and B boards. If they are rev1.2 instead of rev1.3 will that be OK?

Hi, it really depends which board is bad...so you will have to test them before you buy the board..Thanks.