KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a BoschHBN13151B intergrated single oven, cooker works

I have a BoschHBN13151B intergrated single oven, cooker works fine but clock is driving me mad! suddenly it doesn't appear to hold the time, I set it as per instructions and it is fine for a while then it goes back to the flasing zeros. I have turned it off at the mains and left it off overnight then reset it in the morning, fine, come home from work and I have it flashing zeros again, at first I thought it was a power cut but it is happening frequently, when I wanted to get an engineer out from Domestic Appliances they said there would be a call out charge as it is cosmetic!! I don't think the clock is cosmetic as if I wanted to set the time it would not work, can you help or should I just hide the clock from the LED dislay
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is it ?

KevinWhiteJA :

The problem seems to be with the clock assembly that is bad and will need replacement

KevinWhiteJA :

you have already tried to reset it and it did not work...as everything else appears fine so it is the clock that will need replacement

Customer:

The cooker is about 6-7 years old, where and how would I get a replacement clock for the cooker, any idea how much. I gathered that this might be the case!

KevinWhiteJA :

a new timer clock assembly will cost around £90 and you can buy it from here

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service ....Thanks

Customer:

£90 wow is it easy to fit?

Customer:

When I spoke with Domestic Appliances they said that they would charge for an engineer as it would come under cosmetic, I don't see how, you need a clock on your cooker don't you?

KevinWhiteJA :

well still they charge for a engineer visit

Customer:

No it all came under the same umbrella it would be an extra charge for the engineer to come out!!

KevinWhiteJA :

you need to check it with them ... sorry I am not aware of there terms and policies

Customer:

Ok thank you, ***** ***** has cost me £20 to get the advice that I already knew, but at least I know where to get the part.,although I suppose I should really get a Bosch engineer out to my property as I have no idea abouth these sort of of things and it is electrical!!

Customer:

I thought maybe it was something that I was either doing wrong or could be rectified with some expert advice!

KevinWhiteJA :

:) If you want to replace it yourself I can help you with that but it is always better to get it done through a tech

Customer:

No! I live alone and I am not at all technical, would prob have a nightmare doing it and not happy touching electrics,

KevinWhiteJA :

then it is always better to get a tech involved...you can also get a quote from www.repaircare.co.uk or contact Bosch directly

KevinWhiteJA :

You can always get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges.....Is there anything else I can assist you with today ?

Customer:

ok , if I need or can get a friend to fit the part can I order the part from you by just going on here ?

Customer:

Think our emails crossed, thanks for your help, do I need a ref number if I want ot come back on here to order the part?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can order it from anywhere, wherever it is not expensive

KevinWhiteJA :

you will receive an email after you rate this chat

KevinWhiteJA :

Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance....Have a Good Day

Customer:

I will give you good feedback even though £20 is expensive for what I already knew, but was hoping it might be soemthing simple! lol but thanks for your help!

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...Thanks :)