Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have a Bosch Logixx 8 Vario Perfect washing machine and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Bosch Logixx 8 Vario Perfect washing machine and it keeps stopping mid-cycle and showing the E18 error message. We have drained the machine, unscrewed the filter, cleaned it out and put it back but still it is not working.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Cana you tell me what it is not doing now when you say its still not working?

Also, how and where is the waste hose of the machine connected to the house waste?

ROb
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The cycle starts OK but then when it gets to a certain point (I think it is when it starts to drain) it bleeps and the error message shows.

I am not with the machine now and I don't know how the waste hose is connected to the house waste. We live in a 2nd floor apartment if that helps!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine

Is there water and clothes in it now?

Do you think it may connect to the sink waste?

Have you ever cleand the filter?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have removed the clothes and drained as much water as we can. I don't think it does connect to the sink waste because the sink is not close to the washing machine although the utility room is next door to the bathroom. If the filter is the thing at the bottom of the machine when you take the flap door off and unscrew it then yes we have cleaned it

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine
Great

The problem is with the machine not draining in time.

When you get home, let me know how and where the wste pipe goes, and we can try and get this sorted ok?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK Rob but I won't be home until this evening. Is it possible to connect with you then?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine
Of course, I should be here, depending on the time. Just post back on this page and ill get your mesage

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks. it will probably be around 7pm.

Chris

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine

I should be here

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I have to be the last to respond, otherwise it locks the question to me

Ill get your response later

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,
It looks like the waste goes into a pipe that most probably connects to the bathroom. I'm no expert obviously so let me know if I need to look for something else
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine

You will need to remove the washing machine hose from this pipe.

Put the hose into a bucket on top of the machine and retrt the machine and see if it drains properly.

Is the waste hose just pushed into an open ended pipe, so that there is an airgap or is it sealed onto it?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it's not sealed - I will do what you suggest and see what happens
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

OK, see if it completes the cycle

You will need to keep an eye on it to make sure the bucket doesnt overflow !!

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure if you got. Y
Sat message. I put it on the super quick cycle and about 5 mins before the end of the cycle everything stopped for about a minute and the. It started beeping and theE18 error message appeared again. Am I going to need an engineer visit do you think?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Christine

OK

This is almost certain to be the discharge pump

To replace this you would need to part dismantle the machine
If you are up for doing that I can locate the spare part for you, otherwise you would need a call from an engineer

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks so much for your help Rob. I think we're better off calling a engineer just in case there's another problem. Seemed a simple problem but nothing is straightforward is it? Thanks again, Chris
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Chris

Your welcome

all the best

Rob