Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Re: Gorenje GWA1105 washing machine...Our machine spills water

Customer Question

Re: Gorenje GWA1105 washing machine...Our machine spills water all over the floor underneath the machine from somewhere inside and my wife thinks it could be the water pressure is too fierce, thus overflowing the dispenser where the powder etc goes. I don't think it should leak just because of a higher (possibly) pressure than other mains supplies. Any thoughts?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Has it akways done this?

Does it only do it when it fills?

Do you have the model number?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, it started about 3 months ago. Yes, it only does it on fill and number is ***** 1105

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Lauurence

If its only on the fill, I suspect that the water is hitting the dispenser and bouncing out of the drawer.

The easiest way to resolve this, if you have high water presure, is to follow the cold hose of the machine back to where it connects to the house water supply. There will be a tap or lever there.

Sart the machine on a normal wash cycle. When you hear the water start it will sound fierce. Turn the tap or lever slowly to reduce the pressure. You will hear the change in the noise at the machine.
This wont affaect the water any where else

If you need ore help, please just ask, In the menatime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rob, I've already tried that and it doesn't seem to affect the pressure coming into the machine, such that it visibly slows down the fill. However, that was a visual check, without the drawer in and actually doing a wash. Will try that now. Can I come back to this question after I have tried your suggestion? I do not have an account. I came to this site via Google and have only so far provided my e-mail and card details.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Laurence

Yes, just keep this page open or book marked. Come back to me with what you find

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thanks Rob. My wife is starting the wash and we will get back to you in good time. ThanksLaughing

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We live in a hard water area in France, is it possible there might be a calcium buid-up somewhere in the system and, if so, where might it be? I know it's difficult to answer that but, since there are really no servicable parts I can inspect short of taking the thing to bits, it might give me a clue as to where I might look!

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Laurence

The best thing isto remove the lid and then start a new cycle, being carefull not to touch anything as its live.

Look closely to see whar the water is actually coming from. It may be that reducing the water pressure the problem is resolved. If not, please let me know wher the leak is from and we can continue from there

In the meantime,

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK, thanks Rob. Speak to you later.Laughing

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Laurence

No problem
Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

I have found the problem. The water is getting through the holder that the drawer fits in. The top of the holder is held to its body (that cradles the drawer) by several lugs. I can see the water coming from either side of one particular lug. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to get the top off by myself so I'll ask a friend of mine to come over and help me. It may be that some deposits are causing the top to 'lift' by that lug and unseating it slightly.

It's very warm outside and I've spent enough time doing this so (and you won't be happy to hear this!) I'm going outside for a beer.

Thanks for your help.Laughing

Laurence

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Laurence
well done

Oh, and have a beer for me, lol

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Rob

All ok now. The problem was calcium build-up in the numerous holes that deliver the water to the drawer, thus routing it elsewhere and causing the overflow. Now working perfectly after cleaning the nozzles. Thanks again for your help.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Great news

Thanks for letting me know

Rob