Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My sensixxB25l is not working. Think descale? Instruction on

My sensixxB25l is not working. Think descale? Instruction on box which it came in do not apply!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your Sensixx?
Also what happens when you try to use it?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does not work. I think it needs descaling although I use specific bottle recommended when bought.

3 yrs old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Thanks Ro, what exactly does the unit do?
Any lights blinking?
Is seeming to be stuck in that cycle?
Please be detailed so we can help you quicker:-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will have to turn on as housekeeper reported failure of iron.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks for that, have you owned this since new?
Thanks Ro.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ro, we need more detailed info, was the descale working before for you?
Is seeming to be stuck in that cycle?
Please answer all questions so we can help.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to be honest it has not been descaled. it is now hot green light on have dialled up hot steam and no response.

could you tell me how to descale please. no instructions only diagrams on box which I mentioned

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ro, Please try this:-)
Let me know if you still need more help!
Calc‘n clean
Cleaning the Boiler
To extend the life of your steam generator and to avoid any build up of scale, it is essential that you rinse out the boiler after several hours of use. If your water is hard, increase the frequency.
Do not use descaling agents for rinsing out the boiler, as they could damage it.
1. Check that the appliance is cold and unplugged for more than 2 hours, and that the removable water tank (1) has been removed from the steam generator.
2. Place your appliance on the edge of your kitchen sink.
3. Unscrew the boiler drainage plug located on the bottom of the appliance using a coin.
4. Holding your steam generator in an upside down position, and using a jug, fill the boiler (in the base unit) with 1/4 litre of water
5. Shake the base unit for a few moments and then empty it completely over a sink or bucket. To obtain the best result, we recommend that this operation is done twice
6. Important: before reclosing, make sure no water remains in the boiler.
7. Replace and tighten up the boiler drainage plug with a coin.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the problem michael is that it does not have a drainage plug. do I unscrew the 4 screws that the iron sits on? solid base, NO screws. I can follow instructions but I need to get AT the problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ro, they must have made some changes to this model mid you so thats why the instructions are a bit different.
But I am not sure your issue is descale.
Will it heat water?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well all lights function. Including green for steam. But when I press to release stem no response. It now looks like more of an IRON issue. Have tired it off do you want me to turn it back on again?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ro, yes you can try it again, but this sounds like the main control in the iron.
It is fixable but not worth the cost. It would be better simply replace it because I will tell you the labor plus shipping would be as much as a new one. See this all the time.
Also the newer irons have more features and cost less than yours did brand new:-)
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do but that is the best advice for this problem.
I will be here if you need me further for anything but please don't forget to rate my service to you.
Have a great day Ro:-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Am I allowed to ask about another appliance? Miele vacuum
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ro, once you rate my service as good or better then you can ask another appliance question:-)
Thanks for your patience!
Tech Michael