Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi. I have a RS21WCSV!/XEU side by side refrigerator. The

Customer Question

Hi. I have a RS21WCSV!/XEU side by side refrigerator. The fridge side seems not to chill now but the items in the bottom draw are frozen. Temperature is at 8 degrees and will not go lower, please advise. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi sorry to hear that. Please check the rear wall in the freezer for any heavy frost, let me know what you find:-) Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael. there is no heavy frost in rear of freezer, top to bottom.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Chris,
This may very well be a defrost issue and there are a few parts that will need to be checked and replaced. I usually tell most of my customers, once you are going through the trouble to take it all apart may as well replace the Defrost timer, the heater element and the sensor.
But before you spend money on any of that. You need to defrost the whole thing with the door open for 24 hours.
Then clean up any standing water. Next plug it back in and let me know what happens over the course of a week.
If it doesn't frost up Great no issues.
But if it does this again please let me know and I will direct you on where to get those parts and how to complete this. Sometimes even frost free units will do this depending on outside humidity and temp.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Chris and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

We did defrost but to no avail so we decided to just buy a new one. Many thanks for your help.

Chris

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that, it likely needs defrost parts but I wish you all the best with your new fridge and if you need me for anything else please let me know:-)