Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I fitted a new PCB board to my Beko DW600 dishwasher as

Customer Question

Hi I fitted a new PCB board to my Beko DW600 dishwasher as advised by Daniel T expert. The dishwasher is still the same I choose the quick& clean programme it seems to start makes noise and then goes quiet and seems to stop. Please help ASAP thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Does any water get into the dishwasher?
Please explain what the Dishwasher does in as much depth as you can:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will do the programme but takes hours to finish. As I said before when I switch it on and select programme close the door it makes noises as if it is draining water out then it stops for a good while and then it will start again and take a long time to finish which was supposed to be a quick and clean cycle , dishes are clean but not very quick it takes ages. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for valuable info.
The problem is the float switch, it could be broken internally or may just be stuck in the up position.
But see if yours inside the dishwasher on the floor?
Please let me know, if you don't see it, (its tiny though) yours is down in the water sump under the dishwasher:-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do I need to take the the dishwater out and look inside it at bottom what does the float switch look like.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi its usually visible just by looking with a good light source.
It would be on the floor inside the dishwasher under the lower rack.
But if you can find it, then yours will be in the sump under the machine and thats a bit of a job, but we will get this working;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Doesn't seems to be a float switch inside the dishwasher under the lower rack.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, yours would be a sensor in the sump in that case.
Do you feel you can tackle this task? I will help as much as I can.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Before we start there is a little black think in the filter hole inside the machine could that be it??? If not will I be able to get at float switch if I take kitchen kick board and remove the bottom panel on the dishwasher? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes on both questions, you may simply have a clogged drain line.
I would check the line at your sink pipes for any gunk in there, then try to run it with that line off the pipe and see if will drain into a big pot or bowl.
Please do that and let me know if it does drain well or the unit still wants to fill and drain?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi seems to be draining ok. What does a float switch look like so I know if I have to look for it and do I now need to take off bottom plate? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi it would simply look like a Small pin or bubble shaped part on the floor inside the dishwasher. But if cant see it, yous likely has the one down in the sump but that one would need to be replaced as they get really messy inside;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I just put the dishwasher on quick and clean programme it make noise and drained some water out left it on programme and now after about 25 minutes it has started to do the cycle and is still going ok
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you may have shaken it a bit and the sensor popped back down keep me posted!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This is what it's been doing for the past few times we've used it.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so it still doesnt work?
Please be clear.
Thanks:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I first stated to Daniel T when you put it on a cycle it takes for ages to finish the cycle it will do the cycle.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I understand, thats why I mentioned the float switch. Because that will cause this problem in most machines. It sounds REALLY to me a 30 year Tech that you will need to replace your that is likely in the sump.
Hope that helps, do you have a source for that part?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I don't have s source for that could you send me a link please. Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, the best way to order this is dealing with Espares.
Its best to call them and here is the info you need
Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays

Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael just thinking, I have spent around £80 already on the dishwasher (asking questions and parts ) is it worth spending a lot more on it and could be something else
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi the only other thig it could be is a defective PC board really.:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi I took the bottom inspection panel off the machine but can't find what you call a float switch. Can you help
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
It would INSIDE THE SUMP, you would need to take that all apart to find it:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again I don't know if you have worked on a Beko DW600 but inside at bottom in sump is a black plastic thing that sticks up would that be anything to do with float switch. This is all getting a bit much for me really. You mentioned a faulty PC board could it just be that?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I would send the board back for replacement first as that is easier, see if that helps. If it does Great, if not let me know and I will walk you through this bigger job.
And yes I have been an appliance tech for over 30 years and have worked on all makes and models:-)
If this job seems out of your reach you may need to call in a tech to check this for you.
You can also check to see if your water heating element is working or not inside the DW.
Also does your unit have a hot water feed or does it feed with cold water? I need to know this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again the dishwasher only has a cold feed as I said before last night it finished a 58 mins cycle in about 140 mins and it was all clean and dry could it be some kind of timer? Thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi the only other thing as I said, would be the water heater element or the thermostat. run the unit and see how hot the water is, it needs to be really hot.
Let me know what you find, if it doesn't start heating, then you need to replace the water heater and the thermostat:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last night the water seemed to be hot. You seem to be jumping on different things and I haven't heard anything more from your other expert Daniel T !!! I think maybe all these answers you keep giving could end up costing me £100s
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I cant see your dishwasher or make the needed tests to be sure.
I can only go on what you tell me.
I would replace the main control as it may have been defective. It happens all the time, I have even gotten back the same broken parts many times:-)
Please have patience.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks I will send back the PCB which will take a few days will I be able to deal with you then ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sound good:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Michael, I received a new PCB board and have fitted it as you advised but the dishwasher is still the same as before. I switch it on and after initial noises that sound like it's draining,then it stops and after a further 30-40 minutes the cycle actually begins. It then takes over a hour to complete the cycle. Please help Michael. Thanks