Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi, my machine fails to turn at low speeds on the wash and

Customer Question

Hi, my machine fails to turn at low speeds on the wash and sometimes fails to spin, I have replaced the brushes but do you think the motor is on its way out?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also will the drum turn at all during the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, the drum will turn occasionally and can be seen trying to turn on what seems to be the slower turns. The model number is ***** It doesn't always spin either but if you try on a spin cycle a couple of times it will spin. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the brushes are ok then its possibley the motor at fault here.

But theres something else you can try first. Remove the top of the washer and locate the pressure switch. Its round and has a few wires going to it and a thin hose to the bottom.
Pull this hose off and blow hard down it to clear the pressure chamber out at the bottom.

Then retry the washer and see if this makes a difference. If not then im afraid you are probberly looking at a faulty motor here. Now motors on these are very expensive £200+ mark usuaully so when they fail its not usually worth fixing, Sorry.

But try the pressure switch first just in case its a blocked pressure chamber as you never know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok, thank you for your help.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
No worries your very welcome.