George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

could you please give me advice I paid £399.00 for a polar

could you please give me advice I paid £399.00 for a polar jetstream supreme twintub they delivered me a qualtex machine instead I need wheels on it which polar has, I want a change to the machine I ordered but I cannot get any replies from the firm
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts : Hello, I will help you if I can..
George-Allsorts : Both the Qualtex twin tub and the Polar twin tub you refer to are supposed to have wheels. Can you tell me the model on the rating plate of the Qualtex machine that you received?
George-Allsorts : Can you also let me know if you purchased the appliance online or in a shop.
George-Allsorts : if you can come back to me with these answers I will attempt to help you as soon as possible.. Please be patient.
Customer:

The qualtex has no wheels and I,'

Customer:

I'm sorry but I haved packed the machine back in the original packing plus the Qaltex is a cheaper model

George-Allsorts : Did you purchase the appliance online or from a shop?
Customer:

I would just like to have the machine I ordered which has a 5 yr warranty

Customer:

on line

George-Allsorts : If you purchase a polar appliance online, but received a brand other than Polar then under the Distance Selling Regulations you are entitled to return the item for the correct brand you ordered or a full refund.
George-Allsorts : You should immediately contact you local Trading Standards Office for their intervention
Customer:

do I have to do this in person or can I contact them by pjone

Customer:

I am 78 yrs old and find getting about difficult that is why I need a machine wheels .

George-Allsorts : Contact them by telephone at your local County Council offices.. Tell them that you have already tried to contact the seller but to no avail, and request their assistance.
Customer:

Thank you muchly mrs Ann Balshaw

Hi Ann,

Did you manage to get any help from Trading Standards over your problem with the Twin-Tub, or can I assist you any further to try and solve the problem?

regards
George