Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a Sharp Aquos 32 inch HD TV. Recently the volume control

I have a Sharp Aquos 32 inch HD TV. Recently the volume control has not been working properly, both using the remote and the control on the TV.
When the TV is turned on from standby the volume controls work, after a few minutes there is no response to the controls (although the green light flashes) and the TV switches itself off for about 15 seconds when I press the volume control on the remote (the green light stays on). When it turns itself back on the volume controls work as per when it is initially turned on, but cease to work as described above.
Any ideas?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your set?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TV is approx. 3 years old

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for the reply.
When you raise the volume does it want to drop on its own?
Also how is the sound?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, the set does not respond to the sound being turned up or down. The sound bar appears at the bottom of the screen but does not move. The sound quality is good.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for all your information.
This unfortunately is a main board problem that will require service.
The is an issue somewhere in audio circuits that is causing this.
To fix this you will need a TV Tech because some testing needs to be done to determine the exact component failure.
It requires specialized test equipment and knowledge of electronics.
If you are handy and have the tools, you can replace the main board yourself with my help, no soldering there lol.
Please let me know what you would like to do as the set is worth fixing:-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael