Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have acquired a gas hob/electric range cooker, the oven is

I have acquired a gas hob/electric range cooker, the oven is fine but the hob pan supports have lost their black colour and I wondered if there is a product to bring them back to a nice black colour? Many thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
is the problem only with the little racks that would hold your pots?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is the heavy duty pot stands on my hob and the burners
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Sue,
I have tried many products for just such an application but I found that High temp black engine paint works best:-)
Almost all auto parts stores will have this.
The two things you need to know about it are the surface needs to well cleaned before spraying it on, and since you are using it indoors it must be allowed to dry for at least a few days in a hot environment or best in the sun;-)
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Sue and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It will probably be easier to buy new pot stands from neff thanks anyway
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Sue yes you can do that as well:-)
Have a great day and please don't forget to rate and I will close this out for you.
Tech Michael