Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Have just completed a wash with my Beko WMXD 760W 7kg A+AA

Have just completed a wash with my Beko WMXD 760W 7kg A+AA 1600rpm washing machine. Now for some reason the door of the machine will not open. There were no problems at all with the actual wash. I have unscrewed and drained the filter behind the panel at the bottom right hand corner of the front of the machine. The filter was not clogged up. I then ran the machine through another drain and spin cycle. The door will still not open. Any ideas as to what the problem might be.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that.
What has happened and it is pretty common for us techs to see.
The issue is a failed door lock mechanism,it is easy to replace with simply plug in connectors. There is an electronic lock that controls the door open/close feature of that machine.
Unplug the appliance from the wall socket, wait 5 minutes and see if it's unlocked.
If still unlocked it could be that the bimetal strip in the lock has stuck.
Give the front panel a good thump beside the door lock, see if it jars free.
If still locked, make sure you are still unplugged and take the top off.
Reach inside and at the front and you'll find the door lock mechanism.
Work it back and forth, side to side and keep trying the door.
Work at the lock gently enough so it comes off the screws without snapping.
Once it comes off the screws you can lift it off of the door latch pin and open the door.
You will need to replace the lock.
The best place to get the new door latch is Espares.
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Are you sure that the top of the washing machine just lifts off?. Mine appears not to want to do so. Might it just be stiff having never been lifted off before? Just thought that I would check first to prevent any damage being caused.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi first remove the rear top screws then simply pry it back a bit and it should lift off.
Please let me know how it goes.
They change this depending on year etc lol.
Michael, Customer Service