Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hallo. I have a Whirlpool AWZ 220 tumble dryer, but I have

Hallo. I have a Whirlpool AWZ 220 tumble dryer, but I have lost the fluff filter. I used the machine twice without the filter, but now when I use it, there is no air coming from the evacuation pipe. Is this normal? If I order a replacement filter will it work normally again. Please advise. Thank you.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

The filter is there to stop all the fine lint from getting into the machine, as it blocks up the airways and is a potential fire risk

I am afraid that you will need to dismantle this and clean out all the airways of the lint etc.

You will also need to get a replacement filter

If you need more help please just ask

In the meantime

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Sorry its probably not what you wanted to hear!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Rob. But when you say 'dismantle this', to what are you referring ?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
The tumble dryer

By not having the filter there, all the lint has gone into the airways and the inside of the dryer.

This has to now be taken apart to be able to remove the lint.

If you dont, no air will flow through the machines airways and it will overheat, hence the potential fire risk

Rob