Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

my washing machine starts to do a wash but then stops turning

my washing machine starts to do a wash but then stops turning but is still making sounds as if its trying to work. Any ideas ?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the model #?
Also how old is your washer?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi michael

model number is ***** and is approx 6yrs old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Steve,
Please try to run it with a light load or even empty I need to know if it still stops?
Also does it stop between cycles, or while running, does it just seem to be struggling?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it did have a light load in but iv'e emptied it and put it on a 15min quick wash cycle. so have to wait last time it stopped after 5mins

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks when it stops , any burning smell?
Will the motor keep running until the cycle finishes?
Or does it shut down completely?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok no burning smell , stopped after 5mins of a 15mins cycle and making kinda humming noise as if it wants to carry on but somethings stopping it

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve,
is yours the top load or front load model?
They made them both that year with the same #'s lol.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

front loader

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve,
First thing you need to do is remove the back cover and carefully watch a cycle, check the belt as well once your back there.
But before you do that when it stops because of the problem quickly turn the washer off remove the clothing and see how easy it is to turn the drum.
Please let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok no burning smell, belt seems fine not too loose or too tight and the drum turns fine by hand. it did come up with a code earlier 5E or SE and the manual said the waste needed cleaning, so i drained it but there was virtually nothing there !!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve,
Did you watch the back where the belt is while it was running and fails?
I need to know if you can see whats happening and if the motor just seems to sow down and stop.
If so does the hum sound seem to still be coming from the motor area or somewhere else like the control board? I know I'm putting you through a lot but this is technical and I want to be sure I tell the correct thing, although I think I already know whats wrong:-)
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

got to be honest micheal its really difficult to tell where the sound is coming from but as best as i can tell its not the motor kinda from the left hand side as you look from the back of the machine. if that's any help??

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Steve does it seem to be coming from the control buttons area or the lower part of the machine, that will tell me a lot:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

again as best as i can tell down near the motor area

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Steve!
What you need is a new motor.Yours just got weak is all. Its easy to replace and I will assist with that at no additional cost.
The best place to get that cor cost and reliability is Espares, they are reliable and usually ship same day!
I have listed below for you all their contact info, it is best to call them for this part as it may not be on the site.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Steve and have a Great weekend!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.