Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

GEt F28 and F54 error.

GEt F28 and F54 error.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . what model is your valiant combined?

Plumberpro :

Combi ,sorry

Plumberpro :

F28 is a failure to start after attempts at ignition. Change the spark probe and the flame rectification( detection ) probe. This may come as one unit or separates dependingvon your model . for f54 I will need the model for

Plumberpro :

Actually f54 is also an ignition , failure to start error code. . change the probes as stated earlier

Customer:

How do I change the spark probe? Looks like I will need an gas registered engineer.

Customer:

Looks like I should not really change the ignition probe myself. Can I ask my handyman to do it (british law)?

Plumberpro :

You are not touching the gas parts, so it can be argued that it can be changed by a competent person . a couple of years ago it was deemed that electricians could repair electrical faults on boilers. Its easy enough to change. A couple of screws that hold them in and wiring that does beck to the PCB and plugs in

Customer:

So the electrician should be able to change it?

Plumberpro :

Yes ,if he feels confident to do it .

Customer:

I should obviously pay you as i think your advise was spot on, but since i cannot fix it myself i think £10 is a more fair price.

Plumberpro :

You mean dollars as its paid in dollars. That's fine , thank you . all the best