George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi 18 months ago I had a new kitchen built, purchased from

Hi 18 months ago I had a new kitchen built, purchased from Magnets, in the kitchen I had fitted a Zanussi microwave /oven. Now the microwave in the top oven does not work, all the other settings do but nothing that needs the microwave, can you help?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Good morning,

George-Allsorts :

Can you supply me with the Model number and the PNC of the microwave which you will find on a sticker as you open the door or on the rear of the microwave if you remove it from the cabinet. Also, you say that all other operations on the oven work and it is only the microwave that does not work... Can you tell me what happens when you attempt to use the microwave...

Customer:

Hi, Type- BH322CF2

Customer:

Model No. ZNF31X--Prod no. ********* -serial No.-14100897---the microwave starts up, light comes on, plate goes round, clock works, but everything comes out cold.

George-Allsorts :

does the microwave make all the right sounds when it goes round... The usual buzzing etc.?

Customer:

yes

George-Allsorts :

Ok, thank you for the description you have sent me, this helps a little but not a great deal. Unfortunately, there are five or six problems that could cause this result. It is not possible for me to tell you exactly what is wrong without an internal examination of the appliance but the most likely is that the Magnatron has failed.

Customer:

what is the Magnatron? and who do I go to, to get this fixed?

George-Allsorts :

A magnetron is a high-powered vacuum tube that generates microwaves using a stream of electrons with a magnetic field... It is what produces the heat in your food when cooking it. You would need to find a microwave engineer close to you to get him to do a final diagnostic and replacement of the item.

Customer:

ok thanks, ***** ***** recommend anyone in the Bedford area?

George-Allsorts :

the only people I am aware of in that area are:

F.F.R. Services (southern) Ltd
D8
Ivinghoe Business Centre

Blackburn Road
Houghton Regis
Bedfordshire
LU5 5BQ

Tel UK: 0844(###) ###-####/td>
Customer:

Ok Thanks