Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

siemens lady dishwasher, wont drain

siemens lady dishwasher, wont drain
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me how and where the waste hose is connected to the house waste?
Also do you have the full model number?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

waste hose under sink next to dish washer. Lady 130/140

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ged

If you look along the door edge, there should be a sticker with the full model number

Undo the hose from the sink trap.
Clean out the trap and the end of the hose
Put the hose into a bucket and turn on the machine. The machine should start the new cycle buy pumping the water and food debris out ( I think its blocked)

Let me know what happens

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

FD6412, type s5r7s

hose at end not blocked, nothing come out

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ged

When you put machine on drain, can you hear the pump running and the water sloshing around inside the tub?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can hear the pump but no water sloshing

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ged

OK, if the drain pump is running but no water comes out, either the pump or the hose is blocked
Open the door and Try blowing very hard down the waste hose, do you hear the air bubble up in the wash chamber>

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

blew down hose heard a gurgle noise

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK

How much water is above the filters?

Can you pull the machine out?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is a lot of water at the moment up to the heater element, I can scoop this out.

I have tried to pull machine out but wont move, I have undone two screws at top but could not see any other screw unless i need to remove lower panel.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ged

Im not sure how this has been installed so it will be abit trial and error sorry. It all depends on the way the installer has put it in there !!

I think you will need to get this out before we can get any further with diagnosing this.

One thing that may be worth trying, is getting the water out, removing the filters and seeing if anything got in there blocking the pump up

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have already done that, do you think I need to remove lower panel to get access to screws

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Is this free standing or integrated?

If the former, it should just pull out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

integrated

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
OK

Im afraid youll just have to try and see how the installer has fitted this.

They all do it their own way, its just a matter of looking for the screws, sorry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have got the dishwasher out, but unable to remove drain pump, I cannot get to one of the screws. the other is really tight as well.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ged

Im afraid thereisnt a lot of room on these, welcome to the world of domestic appliances !!

Is it the side panel in the way? If so, remove the top, you can then remove both side panels

If the bolts are rusted, this indicates a leak. To help remove it, use a penetrating oil to free it up

Rob

Rob