George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hi, I have an AEG favourite 78400 VI dishwasher and the

I have an AEG Favorit 78400 VI dishwasher and the detergent tablets do not release from the dispenser or dissolve properly and sometimes not at all in the dishwasher. The dishes and glasses are often still dirty after the cycle has finished. I have cleaned all the filters and regularly use a dishwasher cleaner is there anything else I should do?
Regards.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Good morning I shall try solve your problems for youday

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me the PNC of the appliance ... You will find it on the right edge of the dishwasher door usually

Customer: Hi the PNC IS *********
George-Allsorts :

Hi again, sorry the system is not allowing the PNC to be viewed... can you give me the model number please

George-Allsorts :

oops, sorry you already did

George-Allsorts :

Are the rotors rotating and water getting to the dishes?

George-Allsorts :

You can check this by opening the door during a wash... You will need to open the door a few times to see if the rotors are in different positions to the previous time you looked

Customer:

The number is

Customer:

Nine one one six seven four zero zero seven

George-Allsorts :

Do the rotors definately rotate when the machine is washing

Customer: Yes they are rotating but the water being sprayed onto the dishes isn't hot
George-Allsorts :

For the problem you have whereby the dispenser is not releasing the detergent for you you will need Dishwasher Detergent Dispenser Part number #1113338311 from AEG

Customer: The dispenser opens but the tablet doesn't dissolve and sometimes stays in the dispenser. Should the dishwasher be heating up the water before spraying onto the dishes?
George-Allsorts :

Should the dishwasher be heating up the water before spraying onto the dishes? It depends on the program you have it on...

George-Allsorts :

The dispenser opens but the tablet doesn't dissolve and sometimes stays in the dispenser. How often is it staying in the dispenser, and what brand of tablet are you using?

George-Allsorts :

If your heater is not working then this will cause the tablet not to disolve when washing

Customer: It's random. Sometimes it releases and doesn't dissolve other times it's stays put. We use finish powerball which were recommended.
Customer: just checked and water is hot so must have been the programme.
George-Allsorts :

Finish is one of the recommended brands... I can only assume that the door of the detergen dispenser is faulty and that it needs replacing... They are only arount £25 or so from AEG

Customer: Ok thank you
George-Allsorts :

Next is the issue of dirty dishes after cleaning

George-Allsorts :

Have you tried removing the rotors to clean inside them?

George-Allsorts :

They pickup little bits of food that obstructs the holes and this stops them rotating.. If they cannot rotate then your dishes do not get washed

Customer: No, I've cleaned all the filters and use a dishwasher cleaner once a month. Is it easy to do?
George-Allsorts :

They pickup little bits of food that obstructs the holes and this stops them rotating.. If they cannot rotate then your dishes do not get washed.

Customer: ok I will try that a and see if it works. Thank you
George-Allsorts :

Normally, depending on the type in your machine, they will normally either pull off or unscrew

Customer: My husband knows how to that. I'll leave that bit to him.
George-Allsorts :

lol... I am sure that yours are twist and pull type