Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

i have a hotpoint aqurrius wma56 washing mashine. my problem

Customer Question

i have a hotpoint aqurrius wma56 washing mashine. my problem is that once turned on for a cycle it continuesly fills with water and wont shut off the water intake at the right time. i have learned to override this manualy but must get it sorted. could this be caused by blocked or faulty intake solinoid vaulve? thanks.gary
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Does this have just one cold fill hose?

Does it do this only on the wash or rinses as well?

Does it stop filling if you turn the power off to the machine?

Has it ever filled up when the machine was off?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1) i have cold mains y'd of to both hot and cold intake 2)it does it on both wash and rinse 3)continues to fill when power is off

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Great thanks

In that case, as it fills when the machine is off, its one of the two inlet valves.

To determine which, take off the Y piece and connect it to one or the other. Which ever one allows the water in, is the bad one .

Please go here and you will see both valves which you can order there.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks rob

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome
Rob