Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi Kevin My Hotpoint WMD 740P is showing fault code F2. I

Hi Kevin
My Hotpoint WMD 740P is showing fault code F2. I have checked the drain tubes are all clear(now) and removed the pump to test it. The pump runs fine but the fault code still comes up when the machine is used. What do I need to look at next?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Im Tech Michael,
did you want my assistance or only Kevin's?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Anyone's I'm not proud
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOL Rich,
Does the error cause the machine to stop?
Also does it seem to be draining well, clothes wrung out pretty well after a spin cycle?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I assume it has stopped before the end of the program but the machine has drained although the washing is not as well wrung out as normal. On reflection it must have finished the cycle but I can't tell because F2 and all the lights along the bottom are flashing.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rich, usually this means there is clogged filter, let me know if yours has one.
It should be under a trap door in front.
If not, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ah! basic school boy error. Took the whole lot to prices again and found another 20p to go with the 10p I got out yesterday. Hopefully that will have cured it. I will put the 30 pence towards paying your bill. Many thanks for your help. If it still fails I will get back to you but I have a good feeling.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I think that will help!
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Rich and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael