Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Kenwood KRC-794 has decided not to work properly, the front

My Kenwood KRC-794 has decided not to work properly, the front opens and goes at 90% to reveal the cassette chamber but does not respond to any of the buttons being pressed or the steering wheel remote control ( fitted to an MG ZTT estate ). The reset button has been pressed and the mask key activated. This all happened after some welding was carried out. Then the CD was working without being switched on but at low volume, with no response from buttons or remote. Then next time car started nothing, just the face plate opening. I can hear the CD trying to work then it stops.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
How old is your Kenwood?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Bought and fitted to the car by previous owner 03-04-2004

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Anthony,
this is fixable but will require an internal repair.
Somehow they shorted out part of the internal power supply, making the unit not have the needed power run its operations correctly.
The best thing to do in this case is have the radio checked by either a car dealer(not recommended) or a car audio shop to fix this. They will need to take the unit out of the car and do some testing to it and make the repair, likely going to be a failed power transistor or MosFet.
I wish I had better news for you I really do.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Anthony and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael