Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch integrated fridge/freezer (KIM26473GB) while working

My Bosch integrated fridge/freezer (KIM26473GB) while working does not seem to be cooling sufficiently. The technical expert from British Gas (under their appliance cover) was of opinion that there might be hairline crack in the back plate from which the coolant is leaking and that the only option is to replace the whole fridge freezer.
My question is can this backplate be replaced by Bosch? Is this unit detachable or is it factory set? Would it be worth calling out a Bosch technician for the repairs or should I simply go for a replacement of the appliance?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that. If it is a crack and a freon leak yes it would be best to simply replace the whole unit due to the repair cost.
But is there any heavy frost on the rear wall inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was some moderate amount of frost in the freezer section before I manually defrosted it. Now when I run the unit I find the freezer is able to freeze upto a certain point but the fridge unit does not seem to cool.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** fan in the freezer behind the wall run and sound normal?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it seem to run and sound OK

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that.
How well is the freezer section working will it make ice?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is able to freeze water in a ice cube tray

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks,
well, there can be one of many things wrong, so you cant really just go by that hair line crack theory because thats all that is. It could have a clogged cooling line also not a good thing, it may need an internal cleaning.
Its really up to you, if you like the fridge, but dont want to tear into it yourself you can have a tech come out.
But it sounds to me like you have whats know as a sealed system problem.
Thats a fancy name for something not worth fixing.
If this were me with all the excellent info you gave us, I would replace the unit because the techs bill will be more wasted money lol:-)
I understand. I wish I had better news for you but at least I was able to confirm this for you.
I wish you the best on your new fridge purchase!
Have a great weekend and please don't forget to rate my service to you today:-)