Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My new Eco-Response Storage Radiant Heater is in a hallway

Customer Question

My new Eco-Response Storage Radiant Heater is in a hallway with doors opening into rooms into which some background heat will extend. Another appliance is fitted in the main living room.
I want to use as little radiant heat as possible and as much off peak night power as possible.
The temperature in the hall only needs to be about 62 degrees at night but up to 70 in the day.
Does the night output temperature affect the amount of heat that is being stored? I want enough to be stored to last all day unless the weather is very cold.
I go to be early so do not need the two hours radiant heat when the off-peak power clicks in.
My 26 year old Creda storage heaters needed to use no full price power at all for the heat I required, which is why I have stuck to this make. How can I adjust the settings on my new appliances to work just as efficiently and economically?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi may I have the model # ***** your new Eco Response heater?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model number is ***** 75773302

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Liz,
Have you considered also using a timer with this heater for evening hours?
I can help you with that as you will need one that can handle the power draw from the heater.
Please let me know, but thats exactly what I would do in this situation.
If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Liz and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No I should not need any further equipment.

I just want to understand if the maximum off-peak power is stored for higher daytime requirements, even if the radiant heater is turned very low at night.

On my old heater I could turn the radiant heater off completely and only use off-peak. The advertisements did not make it clear that on this model both appear to be turned on all the time.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Liz,
Thank you for the description I needed to be sure.
With the new one, you simply need to turn it down in the evening.
You will need to adjust this by trial and error, it may take a few nights to be sure what setting you need for evening times.
Once you find that happy medium, it will stay that way always because it is thermostatically controlled.
I hope this helps?
I will stick with you until you are sure we have this down for you.
Please rate kindly so I can remain with you without the worry of your question timing out, no additional cost to rate:-)
Thank great evening Liz.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK,I will try it for a few nights and then contact you again.

But you still have not really answered the question I asked about the amount of over-night charging , and if this is reduced when the night-time room temperature required is turned low, or does it charge enough for high daytime temperatures regardless of that.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Liz,
The answer to that really depends on a lot of things.
The Storage heater you have is very good. But the question you are asking really depends on a lot of variables, such as draft, how cold the weather is, if your home is well insulated etc.
Thats why the closest answer I can give(and this is exactly what I would do) is try different low settings at night until you find one that is both economical and doesn't make the home too cold in the morning when you are awake:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have found from another source that the regular heat comes from the expensive radiant heater and the storage bricks only heat up when extra heat is needed. Very expensive and exactly the opposite of what I thought I was getting.

Thank you for trying to help.

Goodbye.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Liz, the ideas I sent you are what I would have done.
Otherwise yes it is expensive to solve.
Please have a great day and please rate kindly as ok or better.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.