Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Candy GO4W464 washer dryer new thermostat keeps tripping out.

Candy GO4W464 washer dryer new thermostat keeps tripping out. We think due to overheating. Cant find find condenser to check if its blocking air flow
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
Why was the thermostat replaced?
Also do the clothes come out dry?
And how long does it run?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The thermostat was replaced because a wire had burnt out that was connected to it

The clothes come out still wet however there is some warmth but not enough to dry them

The cycle runs its length

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
This doesn't sound at all like the thermostat, or the condenser.
This is a bad heater element and likely it was failing and caused the wire to burn up.
When the heater elements are wearing out but don't fail immediately, what happens is they draw excess power from the wires, and will cause low heat and hot wires.
I'm sore if you have the heating element checked they will replace it and problem solved:-)
Please dont forget to rate my service before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** give us details of what part specification we need and what its called so we purchase?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks for the reply,
what is likely bad here is the heating element, its for drying only. But when it is replaced all wires going to it should be tested for good conductivity as well.Especially considering the way it failed with the wire burnt.
Also if you would like to purchase the heating element the best place to get one would be Espares.
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Have a great day, please rate kindly!
Tech Michael