Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi, i have just recently been away on holiday and before i

Hi, i have just recently been away on holiday and before i went away i turned the boiler and water off. Now we have came back and turned the boiler back on it just show 0c and the C below with no tap signs or flames. i have turned the boiler off a number of times before and the same thing seems to happen but it rights it self after a few hours and everything is back to normal, but this is the longest it has been turned off and will no respond with heating nor hot water. the boiler is a Vaillent ecoTEC plus 824. The pressure is fine and the digital thermostat is all setup and fine, Also there is no F faults showing. i have also pressed the + and - together to enter that mode but still won't fire. thanks in advance.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
Is it the thermostat that isn't showing anything or a display on the boiler(depending on the control you have).
Is the heat and hot water working at present please be clear so I can help further.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, the display on the boiler is just showing 0c and a C below that, and no hot water and heat is working. when i put the hot water tap on it does nothing no flame, nothing. like i said it has done this before when i have turned the boiler off but starts working again after a few hours, but we came back yesterday and it still shows the same thing

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Paul, is there any sign of life on the display?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just the temperature showing 0c and C

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Paul,
This sounds like a failed sensor inside the boiler is all, when you turn it on, it should fire almost immediately when you turn the power back on.The fact that it was taking a while in most cases to fire after a restart was an indication of that.
It is also not a good idea to turn power off and on to the system as it causes undue stress to parts in the system.
This is a part that will need to be checked and replaced by a boiler repair technician. One other thing that can cause this is if the system hasn't been professionally cleaned on over 2 years. I wish i had better news for you but at least the part is not expensive at all:-)
Please dont forget to rate my service before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please note it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Paul and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael