Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I want to take out the motor on a Zanussi TD4100W tumble dryer

I want to take out the motor on a Zanussi TD4100W tumble dryer so that I can replace the front bearing
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok ive uploaded the service manual for you. Click the link below and follow the instructions then you can download and save.

Click here

In there is shows and explanes how to remove the motor and drum so you can access the front bearings.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

B
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've already got the machine stripped down, taken off the fan itself and identified two tags and disengaged them but the motor doesn't seem to want to move.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok so look at the motor either side are the platic supports. Have you release the tags and spun these right round to remove them?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll just have a look. May take me an hour to get back.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries what you need to do is release the tabs on the supports either side of the motor ans spin them right round so then it will allow you to release the motor and remove it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** rear bearing cover was very tight but the front was a real struggle. Knowing that it did turn gave me the confidence to wack it a bit with a hammer! Motor and both covers are now out.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Nice one glad to hear you got it. Sometimes they can be very tight other times they spin round easy.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel. I keep getting emails chasing me to rate your service (which was Excellent). I have already done this and the £19 has been taken out of my account. How do I stop the reminders?