Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491
Appliance

I have a Dimplex opti myst Chesford CSD20 and although I have

done all the trouble shooting... Show More
done all the trouble shooting tips I still cannot get it to create the amount of flame and smoke I would like.
When it was new you could regulate the smoke but this seems to have packed up. Could you give us any advice of what I am doing wrong?
Thanks Eileen
Show Less
replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your Optimyst?
Also did this get worse over time or did it seem to just happen all of a sudden?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
The Opti-myst is just over 2 years old and yes it stopped working properly gradually
Michael, Customer Service replied 3 years ago.
Hi thanks Eileen,
What that means is the lamps are ready to be replaced is all, the best place to get them is Espares.
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Please dont forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Eileen and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
I have a set of new replacement lamp so will fit them and let you know if this as worked
Sounds great! Keep me posted Eileen.
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Having fitted the new lamps and left them on since we last spoke the problem is still the same. Any other suggestions?
Customer reply replied 3 years ago.
Still not working properly your last suggestion has not worked
Good morning Eileen,
ok, the lamps are usually the cause of the problem because their output fades then you can no longer see the flame or the smoke effect.
But in this case since you did that, the unit need to be professionally cleaned.
I can help you if you want to take it apart? Or of not you would need to call in a handyman to do this for you .
In any case please let me know.
Tech Michael