George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hello, I have an HNWF7148 hoover washer dryer and there is

Hello, I have an HNWF7148 hoover washer dryer and there is a problem with the timing of a wash. From the moment the start button is pressed it can take an hour or more for the machine to start without the delay timer being set. Until it does start the door indicator keeps flashing even with the door closed. Once it does start it does not always finish the cycle. During a cycle it often stops for periods and produces clicking sounds before starting again. Can you advise which part may be at fault?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Firstly, can you provide the product number beginning with 31**** ... you will find this on a sticker just inside the door.

George-Allsorts :

The problem you have is that you need a new door interlock,,, once you provide me with the number I have ask for then #i can provide you with the part number of the interlock you require

Customer:

Thank you. The product number is ***** Is the interlock difficult to replace and can you recommend the best place to get the parts? advice much appreciated.

George-Allsorts :

Hoover 91201208 or 41016879 THESE ARE INTERCHANGEABLE BUT MAY BE SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT

George-Allsorts :

have a look on spares2go ..

George-Allsorts :

The interlock can be changed by removing the wire retainer from the door seal.. reach in and remove the interlock.. replace with new interlock.. wiring is on a plug that plugs straight into the interlock.