Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi. I have a De Dietrich DRU102BU1. The lights are on but it

Hi. I have a De Dietrich DRU102BU1. The lights are on but it won't turn on nor are the temp controls on. The ice machine light is on and it makes slight taping noise. What should I do. Help please
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your fridge?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi it is about 9-10 years old
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that. The issue is a failed main control board.
Its located in the back of the fridge and it is very easy to replace, I will help you if you need me.
The best place to get the is Espares, I have listed all their contact information below for your convenience.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. They don't have it listed on their website. And to be honest wouldn't like to pay hundreds of pounds to fix a 10 year old fridge...
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the best way to find that part is by calling them, thats why I listed the phone contact information.
I know the part is pretty expensive so really its up to you if you want to fit a new board to fix this fridge.
I wish the part you needed were cheaper I really do.
Please have a great evening and don't forget to rate my service to you.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can the board be repaired
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning,
well, it could if they sold parts for it, but unfortunately they don't:-(
Its ridiculous I think also, you may find someone online that will do component level repairs but the trouble you have are with the relays on the circuit board and they use special ones. I know the board is expensive, but its because it controls everything.
I will be here to talk even after you rate my service I wish I had better news for you I honestly do.
The board is super easy to replace , just pricey.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
g