Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The drinking water has a strong strange smell, but tastes OK

The drinking water has a strong strange smell, but tastes OK I have changed the filter but the smell remains, does the water reservoir inside the freezer door need cleaning, and if so how is it done
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

These maytags dont have a water tank that you can remove and clean im afraid as its all coils of thin plastic pipes so you cannot access any of them.

As you have replaced the water filter what you can try is get a jug and draw as much water as you can out of the appliance as this will clear the water lines and replace it with fresh water. So do this till the water starts comming out warm then you know all the older cold water is out and see how it goes from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your advice, I understand that there is no storage tank to be cleaned, So do you think that the smell is caused by stagnant water that is being left in the cooling pipes if water is not drained off often

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Its possible but to be honest the water supply in there is air tight so it shouldnt go stagnant and smell.
But its possible its from the old water filter if it has olny just been replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

O.K. Thanks for all your much appreciated Knowledge, I will set about drawing all the water out and see what happens next,

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
No worries fingers crossed that will sort it.